Pupil Premium, Service Families and Sports Premium
Sports Premium Funding
How does Haselworth support working families?
Haselworth has the highest expectations of pupil achievement. We will support parents to ensure their children do well.
We support working families by:
- providing a free breakfast club that now starts at 7:45
- subsidising trips and residentials
- running a non-profit making bookshop
- allocating funds fairly to ensure all children have equal access
- holding meetings outside of the school day
- ensuring that all activities are planned and shared well in advance
- offering alternate Pupil Progress Update appointments to suit shift patterns
- inviting working adults into the school as role models
- running a variety of after school clubs to extend the school day
- ensure there is good communication between home and school
- keeping the website up to date so that information can be easily accessed
Service Family funding
We aim to support families with parents in the armed services, or those who have been active within the last 3 years. We recognise the challenges for these pupils, and as part of our service family funding we ensure that service families are supported. Funding is reviewed every year.
Our ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) works alongside our service children, either in class or giving them 1:1 support. We understand that it is hard for children who have a parent that is away so they will support service children emotionally.
We always have an open door policy, so if you are a service family and going through any difficulty, we willing to support.
If you require further information, contact Sian Hosmer the Inclusion Leader.