Internet safety with your child
At Haselworth we are committed to teaching children about all aspects of esafety. Our school curriculum reflects this as we teach children about their digital footprint through the apps we use and through Seesaw, our digital learning portfolio.
We would like to draw your attention to some valuable parent and carer guides. For general awareness apps such as TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook all have an age restriction of 13, regardless of parental consent. The online game Fortnite has a PEGI rating of 12, PEGI have said this is due to the: ‘frequent scenes of mild violence. It is not suitable for persons under 12 years of age’’
The UK Safer Internet Centre provides excellent advice and resources to guide you as you support your child to use the internet safely, responsibility and positively. Furthermore, the NSPCC offer excellent support in online safety, including how to set up parental controls.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child's esafety.
Where can parents find support?
Support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online includes:
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers