4th January 2021 Urgent Parent Update- PM Announcement
Dear Parents and carers
At 8pm this evening the Prime Minister announced that schools would be closing as we enter another National lockdown. I apologise for the lateness of the hour but it is imperative that I inform you of the school’s response to this announcement.
As you can appreciate, this announcement has come at very short notice and although the school has plans in place they take time to implement correctly. Therefore, after discussion with the Senior Leadership Team and the Chair of Governors the following will be actioned:
1. On Tuesday 5th January the school will be open from 8.45am to 3pm for those who have been identified as vulnerable. Please bring your child to main office where they will be registered and they can chose their lunch option or they can bring in a packed lunch. Those families will shortly receive a text. Vulnerable families are identified as the following according to Government guidance
- are assessed as being in need under section 17 of the Children Act 1989, including children and young people who have a child in need plan, a child protection plan or who are a looked-after child
- have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- have been identified as otherwise vulnerable by educational providers or local authorities (including children’s social care services), and who could therefore benefit from continued full-time attendance
2. Critical worker children will return on Wednesday 6th January. Tomorrow, the school will contact those who have identified themselves as critical workers and evidence will need to be provided before the children can attend school. Further information about who qualifies as a critical worker can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision.
Critical workers will need to book their child’s place on the days when they are scheduled to work. We will be prioritising those children with parents who are both key workers and single parent key workers first. Spaces are limited. A ParentMail will be sent tomorrow with further information about this. If there aren’t any spaces available your child will be added to the waiting list.
School will now move to remote education from tomorrow. Work will be set on Tapestry, Seesaw and on the website. Hardcopies will only be sent to those who have no internet access at all. It is the school’s expectation that all children engage with home learning. Books have already be sent home should work be required to be completed on paper. Teachers will direct you to the relevant two day emergency plans, on the website, tomorrow.
I will update you as further guidance becomes available and I apologise for any inconvenience caused at this time.
Mrs Natasha Jones
Update 31st December
The school will be open again from 5th January 2021 as planned. The 4th January is an INSET day.
A welcome letter will be sent on 4th January 2021 with any relevant information for the Spring Term in response to the most up to date guidance from the Government.
We have a small winter discretionary fund and would like to know if anybody needs extra support this Christmas, i.e. blankets/warm clothing. Allocation of money will be needs based and assessed individually. The school may contact you if they also feel that you would benefit from the winter grant. If you wish to discuss this please contact the school office on 02392 583657.